Private golf course villa.
A unique four bedrooms shingle home with secluded master bedroom suite on the first floor. Extensive custom architectural designed features that combine Vermont hickory hardwood and slate along with Canadian cherry wood and granite in one-of-a kind details. Luxurious living with elevated ceilings and an open floor plan with oversized windows allowing for natural light throughout. Enjoy outdoor living and stunning sunset views on a full length deck with quiet privacy overlooking a matchless backyard combination of natural grasslands and parklike golf course setting. And, being part of an established Homeowners Association, this home enjoys care free living – with exterior maintenance, landscaping, trash and snow removal needs covered by the HOA.
Outstanding Custom Features.
While the exterior plan is configured to meet architectural requirements, over 30 interior/exterior features were customized and built into the final design. Here are some of the features:
- Over 2000 sq. ft. of Vermont hickory oil finished random width (4" – 6") hardwood flooring.
- Full basement with special storage shelving and Bilco door leading to outside.
- All windows oversized to 6 feet with premium Hunter Douglas treatments.
- All lighting fixtures upgraded to Hubbardton Forge and other designers.
- Oversized country kitchen with Canadian milled granite island and countertops, Cabico top of line cherry cabinets with imported cabinet hardware.
- Dacor restaurant high BTU natural gas cook top coupled with commercial grade Vent-a-Hood exterior exhaust system.
- Multiple heating and central air conditioning zones. Also multi-zone central vacuum system.
- Built-in audio system with in ceiling speakers in Great Room, Kitchen and outside deck. Electric power driven 15’ x 13’ awning for back deck.
- Hand crafted wood based column room dividers with special moldings for Great Room and Dining Room. All trim is oversized – 5 inch baseboards, 3.5 inch crown molding and casings.
- Closets organized with "California Closets" built-ins.
- Imported Italian ceramic tile and Alicante marble used throughout Master Bathroom with special Kohler pin-hole Spa bathtub, 7 foot heavy glass frameless pivot shower door, ceiling heating /lighting unit and heated towel rack. Guest bath with Moccachino marble vanity. All fixtures either Kohler or Toto.
- Vermont slate faced surround for Fireplace Extraordinaire with wall thermostat and internal power heat diverter to other rooms.
Remarkable privacy – in more ways than one.
One of the very special aspects of the house and its’ location is having remarkable Vermont vistas and unexpected privacy – in more ways than one. By virtue of its’ setting one has both visual and physical access to the grounds of an exclusive world class golf course as a beautifully maintained summer amenity or as an off-season 5.7 mile trail facility in winter where one can take solitary walks on the paved paths in complete privacy. A desire for solitude was implicit to the original site location of the house. The owners took great care to position its’ final location so that it is set back and away from the primary paved or other foot paths of the golf course to insure privacy for family or guest events on the full length deck while… preserving a spectacular unobstructed view of western grasslands and distant mountain sunsets.